The Krazy Eight is the latest evolution in Umbrella Rig design; it is a hybrid design based on five smaller baits being chased by three larger baits. This umbrella rigs' popularity cannot be understated. With calls from professional anglers coming in nearly every single day, 2013 was the year of the Krazy 8. Although restrictions came into play for the top levels of the sport, it doesn't mean you can't enjoy this lure's effectiveness. Both quality and quantity can be expected when using the Krazy 8 Rig from California's big bass mecca Clear Lake to the blue back herring dominated southern lakes - the Krazy 8 will produce for you.
Mark Daniels Jr.'s win at the FLW Federation National Championship is only one of the many tournament wins attributed to this umbrella rig. Fishing nearly 2000 miles from home at Grand Lake in Oklahoma, Daniels caught nearly every single fish he weighed in the tournament using Hi's Tackle Box exclusive Krazy 8 Rig.
Rigging the Krazy 8 is of the utmost importance as the presentation is based upon schooling bait being chased by other predatory fish. The rules of the food chain are the basis for this rig's success. With that in mind, the first 5 wires extending from the head are all going to be dummy baits attached using the Owner CPS Spring Locks - we suggest rigging the immediate 2 wires with smaller baits such as the Keitech 2.8 Fat Swing Impact. The next three are best fished with a slightly larger bait - sticking with the Keitech brand and using the 3.8 model. Finally the three remaining wires, the furthest from the line tie, are your baits with hooks - we like the Keitech 4.8 Fat Swing Impact for these. The Keitech baits swim well at any speed and are very conveniently sized for this presentation.
- Extremely lightweight design with no extra weight coming from a molded head.
- Keels evenly and swims straight even with jig heads as light as 1/8oz.
- Due to its lightweight design, it can be fished shallower and/or slower than other Umbrella Rigs.
- It can be fished all day with a standard Medium-Heavy Rod
- Five smaller baits are designed to be attached using Owner CPS Centering Pins (not provided)
- The smaller baits be no longer than 3inches and larger baits be no longer 5 inches